For the 2021 spring basketball season, we have included the admission fees into the entry fee. While we are still in the midst of a pandemic, we feel that this is the best approach for the following reasons:
- Eliminates overcrowding in the facility
- Promotes contactless admission
- Eliminates the need for additional volunteers inside the facility
- Provides a set amount of revenue for us to provide our tournament hosts
Breakdown of Fees:
- On a $405 entry fee, the MYAS retains $255 and $150 is given to the tournament host
- On a $305 entry fee, the MYAS retains $205 and $100 is given to the tournament host
These dedicated host groups supply the facilities and volunteers necessary to conduct a successful tournament. This setup provides them the ability to pay for the facility rental, additional COVID cleaning fees and supplies, and ultimately creates a fundraising mechanism for them. With the inability to provide concessions and the loss of admissions for 1-2 adults per player per day, this fee assists their program or organization to fulfill their mission/goal of providing opportunities for youth inside their community or school attendance area.
MYAS Spectator and Game Personnel Policy:
Each team will be granted 16 wristbands at Team Check-in.
- Each team will be granted 16 wristbands at Team Check-in.
- Players and officials do not need a wristband.
- Coaches, scorekeeper and spectators will need to wear a wristband.
- Teams must leave the facility immediately when their team ends game play.
- Spectators must socially distance.
- 3 Coaches per team (maximum)
- 1 Scorekeeper
- One team will provide someone to operate the clock and the other team will provide someone to operate the score board (this reduces the total number of people occupying the facility)
- A maximum of 12 spectators will be allowed per team
NOTE: Facility requirements take priority over any spectator/game personnel limitations.