Rising Stars Showcase
Showcasing the Best Players from the Best Teams
The MYAS Rising Stars Showcase will feature the top players from each team in grades 5-8 that participate in A1 division of the MYAS Grade State Basketball Championships. Each team will have the opportunity to nominate two players and an alternate to participate in this premiere all-star event. If there are open spots available, we will fill those in with players on teams participating in the A2 division. We encourage the A2 coaches to nominate players as there are usually some open spots.
Important Information and Highlights
- Teams will be comprised of players from the teams in the A1 division (and possibly some A2 division teams) of the MYAS Grade State Basketball Championships for boys and girls in grades 5-8, as determined at the MYAS seeding meetings.
- The head coach from each of the top four seeded teams will have the opportunity to be the head coaches of the Rising Stars Showcase teams. Teams seeded 5-16 may send one coach to assist the head coach.
- Teams will be able to nominate 2 players for the showcase and also nominate an alternate.
- The 32 players will form 4 teams (8 players per team).
- These 4 teams will then compete against each other in 3 games on March 18
- 5th Grade: 8:30am, 10:40am, 12:50pm
- 6th Grade: 9:35am, 11:45am, 1:55pm
- 7th Grade: 3:00pm, 5:10pm, 7:20pm
- 8th Grade: 4:05pm, 6:15pm, 8:25pm
Important Dates for 2017
- February 17: Girls Deadline to submit player nominations and payment
- February 24: Boys Deadline to submit player nominations and payment
- March 8: Girls Rosters and Game Schedules Released
- March 13: Boys Rosters and Game Schedules Released
- March 18: 3-game showcase
$50 per player includes a commemorative shirt, three games and bag tag.
- Players from the same traveling team will be placed on the same Rising Stars team.
- The MYAS staff will form the teams. To make the teams as evenly matched as possible they will figure in the positions of the players and also where the teams were seeded for the MYAS Grade State Tournament.
MYAS will not be providing practice time. Coaches and players are on their own if they wish to have a practice.
We ask that players wear their own uniform representing the community association that they participated with during the winter traveling basketball season. Please bring dark and light colored jerseys.
Jeremy Innes at 763-746-1720 or Jeremy@myas.org.
Phone: (763) 781-2220