Midwest Tour Rankings on TrackWrestling!
NEW for 2017-18!
With the continued growth of the Midwest Wrestling Tour, we have teamed up once again with the TrackWrestling to provide RANKINGS for the Tour this season.
- Everytime an athlete participates in a Trackwrestling event they receive a percentile finish for the weight class they participated in for that event.
- This percentile is calculated based on how they placed, and if they didn't place it is calculated based on the number of wins the wrestler earned.
- Because this is based on a percentile, placing 3rd in a bracket with 16 wrestlers is better than finishing 2nd in a bracket with 8.
- We calculated an average percentile finish for each wrestler in the levels they competed in, and we extrapolate down if necessary to determine how they might have finished in a lower level category if they didn't participate in that category.
- Once we have an average percentile finish at all levels at or below the level the wrestler competed at, we use the min and max points for the level to determine how many points the wrestler should receive at that level.
- Finally we take the average points earned in those levels to get the wrestler's final ranking. Only wrestlers that participate in a core event will receive a ranking and the core events are bolded in the list of events below. The ranking for a wrestler is calculated based on the results on their profile on the date the ranking was last calculated.
Check out the 2016-17 Rankings.
SPECIAL NOTE: Even though the MWT Rankings page only shows the Top 100, every wrestler will accrue Rankings points. These points can be viewed through the wrestlers TrackWrestling profile.