Sportsmanship & Fan Behavior Reminder
Coaches, please take a few moments before your next game to remind your teams (players and parents) that we expect EVERYONE – players, coaches, and parents – to participate fairly and with good sportsmanship. We are all in this together and if we don’t take immediate and meaningful action, we run the risk of losing officials, tournament directors and host organizations.
Coaches, please read through the following reminders:
- It is expected that YOU will abide by ALL portions of the Code of Conduct that YOU have signed. ANY and ALL communication between you and the officials, tournament administration, opposing teams and host representatives shall be done in a respectful manner.
- It is expected that YOU will keep your players and assistant coaches under control at all times and will take whatever action necessary to make sure that your players and assistant coaches are following ALL portions of the Code of Conduct that they have signed.
- It is YOUR responsibility to do whatever is necessary to keep your parents AND fans under control. It is highly recommended that you coordinate a pre-season meeting with your parents to insist that they abide by all portions of the Code of Conduct. It is also recommended that YOU conduct “reminder meetings” with troublesome parents or fans throughout the season as warranted. Furthermore, it is expected that YOU will address any of your parents or fans who are exhibiting any sort of disrespect or unsportsmanlike conduct, at any of our events, at your first opportunity (i.e. time outs, quarter breaks, half-time, between innings, intermissions).
- It is expected that YOU will assist the officials, tournament administrators or host representatives in removing YOUR “out-of-control” players, coaches, parents or fans from the facility.
If the unsportsmanlike behavior continues, we run the risk of the following:
- Increased fees to pay for on-site security.
- Officials will no longer want to officiate youth games. With no officials, there will be no games.
- Host groups will not want to host tournaments if people cannot behave.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THE ABOVE STATED COACH RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS COULD RESULT IN SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF YOUR PRIVILEGE TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY MYAS LEAGUE, TOURNAMENT OR SPECIAL EVENT.