MYBA Meeting Announcement
Dear MYBA Member Association Leaders:
The MYAS staff is proud to announce the next round of Virtual Outreach Sessions, exclusive to MYBA members. The November Mini Youth Basketball Summit, presented by Buffalo Wild Wings has been scheduled to take place via Zoom on November 18th. As the 2020-2021 winter community based basketball season tournament season begins, we need to ensure that the entire Minnesota Youth Baseball Community is #strongertogether. We understand the many unknowns everyone has in the youth basketball community regarding how this season will unfold and it is imperative that we all remain consistent and no matter what as safe as possible as the winter basketball season moves forward. One of the primary goals as an organization is to link regional volunteer youth sports programs with others statewide and that is what we are committed to doing as we navigate through this pandemic. The MYAS is here to provide guidance, support, and assistance to every youth basketball association in the state of Minnesota. At the MYAS, we intend to promote and disseminate the appropriate safety precautions and guidelines that will allow your organization to move forward as safely as possible, while working with our partners at the MDH, M Health Fairview, and USCAH to promote consistency in every aspect of dealing with this virus. As a youth basketball community, we must commit to safety being our #1 priority inside your association and at your invitational tournaments in order for us to continue to move through the winter months.
Upcoming Minnesota Youth Basketball Alliance Virtual Outreach Session
November 18, 2020 @ 7:00pm-8:15pm: Minnesota Youth Basketball Alliance November Virtual Mini Summit.
CLICK HERE to RSVP Today!
Please add the Association you represent in Public Comment (Optional) when you RSVP
Agenda includes but not limited to;
- Welcome from Buffalo Wild Wings!
- USCAH Minnesota Youth Basketball COVID Safety - Dr. Jim Borchers
- Inner Skills/Mental Health for Minnesota’s youth basketball players- Justin Baker, Mindful Power
- Fueling the Minnesota youth basketball participants properly- Heather Bartz, M Health Fairview
- Creating a Conduct 1st/COVID Compliance Environment at your Tournament & Inside your Association/Community- Mark Arjes, Youth 1st
- MYBA Event Management Best Practices in a Pandemic- Rich Penick, MYAS Associate Director/Randy Olson, Chaska Youth Basketball President/Deb Anderson, OMGBA Girls’ Tournament Director
- Updates on MDH Guidance, Safe Play; Back to the Hardwood Guidelines/Facility Guidelines & Preparedness Plans
- Updates and Information about MYBA, and MYAS Programming, Services and Special Events
- Q & A
Highlighting this session will be our guests, Dr. Jim Borchers (Team Physician for Ohio State University & Co-Chair of the medical subcommittee for Big Ten’s Return to Competition), Justin Baker, Heather Bartz, Mark Arjes, Randy Olson and Deb Anderson We thank them for their willingness to share their expertise.
Thank you for your time and dedication to youth basketball!