What does the timeline look for when MYBA will launch?
We can’t wait to see the positive impact this new alliance will have! While we’d like to have everything ready tomorrow, the launch of the new MYBA will be done in four separate phases as detailed below. Please review carefully, as registration will begin immediately.
Creating a unified voice for Minnesota Youth Basketball.
- June 22 - Launch MYBA Platform & Association Portals
- Association Commitment to the MYBA; creating a one-stop shop for community-based youth basketball in Minnesota
- A payment of $120 will be due to gain access to the portal. The $120 fee is based on the requirement for associations to have a minimum of 4 teams. The remaining per team balance (minus the $120) will be due in October.
- Portal Access
- Exclusive Youth Basketball Tournament Index Access as a Member Association
- Coaches Wanted Index Access
- Board Member Submission & Association Contacts - open the lines of communication to all associations, ensuring that all participants understand and are made aware of updates on rules/regulations, general winter community-based traveling basketball information and programming, services, and solutions for your association and teams.
Connecting the youth basketball community!
- Early August
- Team/Roster Creation Access
- Access to our Trusted Tournaments Environment, powered by Tourney Machine. This will connect you to the Minnesota youth basketball tournament network and will provide you or your tournament director the ability to easily set up your tournament and understand the functionality. MYAS and Tourney Machine support and customer service will be readily available.
Setting the Table for the Season.
- Team Identification and Roster Submission
- Fee Submission ($30-$35 per team)
- November 15, 2020 - deadline to submit rosters and payment (minus the $120 that was previously submitted)
Let the Games Begin!
- Late October
- 2020-2021 Winter Community-Based Season Begins
- Trusted Tournaments, powered by Tourney Machine, results begin to feed Trusted Rankings. This integration provides accurate scores from all youth basketball tournaments and eliminates the need for individual scorers to update Trusted Rankings. Other updates are being made to Trusted Rankings to provide a more accurate showing of a team’s body of work throughout the season, regardless of competition level. Our goal with this enhancement is to eliminate the in-person seeding meetings and use the Trusted Rankings to accurately seed the teams based on their body of work during the entire season.