MYAS Basketball Officials Training
View your MYAS game schedules. Get maps and directions to venues. Update your contact information. View the officials pay scale. Be sure to login and update your contact information including email address to receive important notices, assignment notifications and educational tools.
New for 2018 Season
- If you were a MYAS Member (registered) last year you will be receiving an email with details of the new Trusted Officials online training in the next few weeks.
- If you were not a MYAS member last year contact Buddy Hemric at 763-781-2220 x1717 for details or send email to email@example.com.
The MYAS will be using the following assignors for all of our basketball games. If you want to work any of our games please contact them.
Youth Basketball Officials’ Training Clinics
Sponsored by: Minnesota Youth Athletic Services
The MYAS will once again be offering Youth Basketball Officials’ Training Clinics for youth basketball associations in the fall of 2017. This program is specifically designed to educate and train your in-house basketball officials regardless of experience. For the short term, we hope this training will immediately enhance the quality of officiating at the local level. For the long term, we hope that it will foster more high quality adult officials for travel leagues.
Buddy Hemric is the Associate Director of the MYAS and has 30+ years of experience as a youth basketball league official and high school basketball referee. Buddy will be able to “tell it like it is” and what it will be like when you hit the court. Buddy will make sure that you are prepared to do the job right the first time.
These two- to three-hour clinics will be conducted by knowledgeable, veteran basketball officials who truly care about the game and the young athletes who play.
These clinics will feature:
- updated information on rules.
- psychology of being a good official.
- pre-game preparation.
- working with different partners.
- effective communication with players and coaches.
- proper positioning and mechanics.
- game management.
- preventive officiating.
- interpretation and application of rules.
- situation awareness.
This officials’ training course is just $10.00 with a certificate of completion given to every official who satisfactorily completes the test and course.
Associations with 20 or more officials may schedule training courses in their own communities. To schedule a training course, please call Buddy Hemric at the MYAS office at (763) 781-2220 x1717, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.