“The RSBA methods for teaching the team warm-up and the transition game dramatically improved our team’s athleticism and ability to make good decisions playing in space and at tempo.”
- Chance Veasey, MPLS Lakers
Rising Stars Basketball Academy coaching clinics are designed to provide youth basketball coaches with valuable information and tools on how to teach the game of basketball.
The clinic will be delivered in a split format, with a virtual clinic and live option during our Rising Stars Basketball Academy sessions covering four teaching units. Each unit will include a blueprint of techniques introducing and reinforcing the foundational skills to be an effective youth basketball coach, while covering essential elements for developing confident players from grades 3-8 in a team practice setting.
The clinic will not only focus on providing coaches new knowledge and tools for teaching the game, but also techniques for improving communications with players and parents.
To register, or for more information contact:
Clarence Fields at
- Get Better, Faster - Sundays
- Growth Mindset vs. Talent Mindset - Wednesdays
- Unit 1: Importance and Power of the Team Warm Up
- Unit 2: Individual Skill Development
- Defensive Footwork, Ball Handling and Passing
- Triple Threat Footwork and Shooting
- Finishing Moves
- Unit 3: Team Skill Development
- In Game Skills
- Teaching the Transition Game, First
- Establishing a Defensive Identity
- Creating Offensive Flow
- Unit 4: Practice Plan Execution
- Virtual clinics can be recorded for later viewing
- Recording (private link) will be made available to associations that participate to distribute to coaches who cannot attend
- Associations also have the option of scheduling clinic dates specific to your coaches' availability
- Two 90 minute sessions required to complete clinic
Clinic Dates and Layout
- Units 1 and 2 - Sundays
- Units 3 and 4 - Wednesdays
- Sunday, October 11th - 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday, October 14th - 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Sunday, October 18th - 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday, October 21st - 7:00pm-8:30pm
- RSBA Coaching Guide Manual
- Access to individual and team development videos through the Ballogy App
- Request to join the @RisingStarsBBallCoaches group
- $500 per association - Virtual
- $800 per association - Live (4 hours)
- Association responsible for securing space and 1-2 teams for live demonstrations
As participants of these coaches clinics, coaches will get access to great resources committed to their development. One of those resources is the Ballogy App, an official partner of the Rising Stars Basketball Academy.
Let's Ball Out!