Membership Renewal for the 2022-23 Season will Open on June 1
Enhancing the Community-Based Winter Basketball Experience
By the Associations, for the Associations
Revised Winter Basketball MYBA Team Composition Guidelines
Saturday, October 15th
National Sports Center (Blaine)
What is the MYBA?
The MYBA is a collaborative effort between the MYAS, the MYAS Basketball Board of Advisors, and travel basketball leaders from around the state working together to strengthen and enhance community-based youth basketball during the winter season.
- Associations must adhere to the Best Practices for youth basketball organizations, Team Composition Guidelines.
- Currently, the MYBA is for 3rd-8th grade travel and school teams only.
- Membership includes a minimal annual fee but provides many benefits.
Why should my youth basketball association join the MYBA?
- It is our goal to have EVERY association throughout the state of Minnesota, proudly join the MYBA, so we’ve added additional benefits of joining in the inaugural year very impactful.
- The 2021-2022 MYBA membership boasted 163 community- based youth basketball associations throughout the state of Minnesota.
- MYBA member associations will receive FREE tournament listings on the MYBA Tournament Index. This is a savings of $75 per tournament compared to previous listing fees. Minnesota youth basketball associations that choose not to join the MYBA membership will be unable to promote their invitational tournament on the Tournament Index.
- MYBA members will receive a significant per-team discount through the Tourney Machine tournament bracketing platform.
- Only teams originating from MYBA members, are eligible to compete in the MYAS Grade State Championships.
- Establish the 5 C's for your association (Compliance, Communication, Connectivity Consistency & Concise Results)